Hi, Michael.  I'm Mikal X, a indepenedent filmmaker.

i know there ae a lot of influences...i remeber them
from anime of the sixties and early seventies...you can
tell in backgrounds.

psychedelia...psychedelia. also -- original sesame
street eps from the early 7s -- if you find them and
watch the anime sequences a lot of really tripped out
stuff happenes. i invite you to repeatedly log your
process is writing this paper...it could be suprisingly
influential because global society is screaming for
counterculture but seems clueless when it comes to
avoiding 6the seductions of the mainstream -
countercultures get coopted and sale over and over
again.

my insight is
beats 50-60s
hippies 60s-70s
punks 70s-80s
nothing 90s-now
something new has to be on the horizon...

it's okay to play futurist....and geuss that something
new incorporating the key ideas from the beats hippies
and punx will come up -- and make noise, make sense and
make a dent on mainstream culture instead of being
seduced, corrupted and resold to itself.
have fun with the paper.

MX
\
--- Yurushi Love <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Michael-Alexander from Greece and I'm new
> here.
> I'm taking a course at NYC Thessaloniki about the
> Counterculture movement of the 60s and I want to write
> a paper on that movement's influence in Hollywood and
> mainstream movies in general.
>
> Some points I have in mind for consideration are the
> following:
>
> - Whether the cc movement's impact introduced new
> film/movie techniques (psychedelic visual
> art/animation etc).
> - Whether the cc movement's impact introduced new
> philosophies/ideologies to the western world via
> mainstream movies.
> - How much the drug culture has penetrated Hollywood
> (both the industry and its movies).
>
> And I want to focus on the subliminal/not obvious or
> direct
> influence of the cc movement on movies.
>
> I first started considering such a paper when I saw
> Finding Nemo, the animation movie, in which an entire
> species, that of sea turtles is depicted having the
> attitude of a stoner (= marijuana user).
>
> During my discussions on the subject with some friends
> I was introduced to the idea that perhaps the sea
> turtels have the same attitude and way of speaking
> with that of Australian surfers and I must admit that
> I felt disappointed in case this meaning was the
> correct one, but I still feel the subject I have
> chosen can become a fruitful paper.
>
> Searching throughout the web and ESC.edu's online
> databases
> provided no immediatelly useful information as far as
> the
> "subliminality" of the issue goes.
>
> Do you have any information available on the net
> (because
> I'm running out of time which means ordering a book
> from
> abroad is not an option) to suggest? Or perhaps I
> should
> reconsider another topic for a paper?
>
> Take care.
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of
> the message you are replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
> For help email:
> [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

http://particlezen.proboards7.com/index.cgi