Apologies for cross postings

ANNUAL JOINT NIACE / NATFHE BASIC SKILLS CONFERENCE

SKILLS FOR LIFE:  WHAT WORKS WELL FOR YOUR LEARNERS AND YOU EXCHANGING IDEAS, INFORMATION AND PRACTICE

Thursday 19 May 2005 London

Spend a day thinking about what matters - teaching and learning. Share your
passion and get new ideas from colleagues. Build from the bottom up

The NIACE / NATFHE annual conference has become a lively arena for basic
skills practitioners to exchange views on adult learning and teaching.  Last
year we introduced an exciting and innovative format called 'Open Space'.
It proved a great success and we have decided to use the approach again.  '
Open Space' allows everyone to work on the issues that matter most to them.
It encourages self-management, energy and focus.  It is used around the
world by corporate, public and voluntary organisations for both
organisational development and consultation purposes. Annette Zera, who will
facilitate the conference, has used 'Open Space' with many different groups
and organisations, from senior civil servants in the Cabinet to bilingual
parents in a College.  It always works!

For further information visit the NIACE website:
http://www.niace.org.uk/Conferences
Or contact Gurjit Kaur on tel: 0116 2042833 Email: [log in to unmask]