---------- Begin van het doorgestuurde bericht ----------

Dear List members,

"rede Cetaceos" is the new Portuguese Cetacean
Stranding Network created recently by group of
Portuguese marine biologists.

Our efforts to save and to record dead cetaceans are
done entirely without government financial support. We
decided to create this network as an alternative to
the existing governmentally funded networks. In our
view they exist but lack of vital "energy" to work
correctly. One of our main objectives is to aware
people that live from and in the sea about cetaceans.
It seems to us that there is still a lot of
misunderstanding about cetaceans among many
communities.

Our activities can be followed on the website:

http://www.cetaceos.net

We would be grateful if people from this list who are
experts in strandings could help us and get involved
in the network.

Great regards.
Antonio Migueis
www.cetaceos.net