Dear colleagues,
May I draw your attention to the recent publication of my book,
Political Reconciliation, which may be of interest to some of you.
Details below.
Kind Regards,
Andrew Schaap

Political Reconciliation
Andrew Schaap

Publisher: Routledge
ISBN: 0415356806
Pub Date: 26 JAN 2005
Type: Hardback Book
Price: £65.00
Extent: 192 pages (Dimensions 234x156 mm)

Since the end of the Cold War, the concept of reconciliation has
emerged as a central term of political discourse within societies
divided by a history of political violence. Reconciliation has been
promoted as a way of reckoning with the legacy of past wrongs while
opening the way for community in the future.

This book examines the issues of transitional justice in the context of
contemporary debates in political theory concerning the nature of 'the
political'. Bringing together research on transitional justice and
political theory, the author argues that if we are to talk of
reconciliation in politics we need to think about it in a fundamentally
different way than is commonly presupposed; as agonistic rather than
restorative.

Contents:
1. Reconciliation and Politics
2. Toleration
3. Recognition
4. Worldliness
5. Political Reconciliation
6. Constitution
7. Forgiveness
8. Responsibility
9. Remembrance

Series Information:
Routledge Innovations in Political Theory

Andrew Schaap
Department of Political Science
The University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010 Australia