Dear Jean,

I think there are a lot of us that get rather frustrated at some people's
perceived need to spend
millions on building new technology "solutions", when simple ones would be
OK even if just to
get people started [viz the eUniv UK or the NHS University debacles].

That was a bit away from the topic of e-learning, so I would just add my
view that people;s modes
of learning dont change just because they are online; what changes is the
options that they are offered to apply their learning skills to.  E.g.
people who do things methodically without technology are likely
also to be methodical with it.  But of course we dont really know; how can
we observe and measure
such things accurately, or even usefully?  So I dont like the term
e-learning because it suggests a special kind of learning.  Nevertheless, I
agree with Malcolm Ryan that - now that we have it - it would be irritating
to change to a new one.  But using "blended" learning doesnt mean cutting
out "e-learning".

Anita