Oh, don't tease.  There's nothing on the RNIB, NLB or host site to say who's putting it on (or that the event exists).  I don't want to go to gaol or talk to actual human beings; put an e-mail address on it.

Regards, Bernard

George Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The following arrived in my in-box with the subject
"Promoting accessible formats"

George.

THE DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION ACT: A £45MILLION OPPORTUNITY
FOR PRINTERS
Tuesday 29 November, London Underwriting Centre
Programme
10.00am Registration and coffee
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Morning session: the market for formats for the visually
impaired
10.45am The public sector: areas on the front line
of the DDA
Case study: the NHS
- National Library for the Blind
11.30am Break
11.45am The private sector: key markets
Case study: Argos
- Access Communications
12.30pm Lunch
Afternoon session: production issues in accessible formats
1.30 pm Issues to consider when a client wants to
make their information accessible.
- Royal National Institute for the Blind
2.15 pm Break
2.30 pm The producer's perspective: what is involved
technically in producing the different formats?
- Transmedia Link
Case study: tbc
3.15 pm Break
3.30 pm Panel session: where do we go from here?
4.00 pm End