Dear colleague,

Re: DSA Assessments: Clarification for LEA Awards Officers

I would like to draw your attention to the above RNIB training and development course, taking place here in Bristol on Wednesday 9th November. We ran the same course in January this year and the feedback was so positive that we are offering LEA Awards officers another chance to attend.

This course will provide clarification for LEA Awards Officers regarding DSA assessments for blind and partially sighted learners in higher education.

Course Content
Awareness of sight problems and the effect on learning
Overcoming barriers to learning for blind and partially sighted learners
Learning from the perspective of a person with sight loss
DSA assessments - learning needs
DSA assessments - enabling technology
DDA Part IV - implications for people with disabilities.

Course Presenter
Lee Smith, RNIB post-compulsory education and training officer

Who should attend?
The course will be invaluable for LEA Awards Officers involved in administering DSA assessments.

Venue:    RNIB, Bristol
Time:     10.00am to 2.00pm
Cost:     £65.00

Many of our courses can also be customised to suit the needs of individual organisations. In addition, we are pleased to work in partnership to provide individual training courses to meet specific requirements.

I hope you will find this course of interest to you.

For further details, please contact:
Rebecca Thurgur
Course Co-ordinator
RNIB South West
Employment and Lifelong Learning
10 Still House Lane
Bedminster
Bristol BS3 4EB

Tel: 0117 953 7750
Fax: 0117 953 7751
Direct line: 0117 934 1704

For further information on courses go to: www.rnib.org.uk/training

"Work Matters to blind and partially sighted people. The RNIB Work Matters campaign is urging government, service providers and employers to recognise and harness the abilities of people with sight loss. To support this campaign, visit our website and sign our charter on www.rnib.org.uk/workmatters."

--

 DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.  We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk