Hi,

Busy time of year I know, but any advice appreciated.

We have a lot of lecturers for whom English is not their first language. Some deaf students are finding it hard to understand them. These are students who have notetakers, but naturally want to understand what's going on in the actual lecture. Apart from trying to get tutors to enunciate more clearly (which might be genuinely hard for some, as some languages don't have the same sounds as English), face the front etc, what else can we suggest? Thanks,

Sue Green
Disability Co-ordinator
The University of Birmingham