Hi Sally,

Bluetooth via a mobile telephone will cost an arm and two
legs.

Wireless (WiFi) is an excellent solution, provided there is
a good signal, and should cost nothing in running costs.
Speed is slower, but generally barely noticeable for
Internet browsing.  If you need to have very large file
transfers or a regular, Broadband is better.  (By large, I
mean 10 Megabytes and over)

Broadband is better and faster, and can usually be provided
via a telephone line that does NOT have to be telephone
enabled, though I doubt you'd be able to use a line that
goes via a switchboard.  However, there is usually a flat
monthly fee.

Dial-up would require that ONLY the ISP's number can be
dialled.  That can be trickier to set up.  BT may be able to
set it up for a direct line, or if it has to go through a
switchboard, your college will probably have to set it up.
However, you will at the very least be paying something per
minute while on line.

Go wireless if you can.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.