Hello all you techno experts.
I have recently assessed a student who lives in sheltered accommodation and is not allowed to have direct phone line in his room. [I have a refusal letter] There is internet access in the building but I have not yet established whether or not it is dial-up or broadband. He will be using a laptop and the original idea was for him to access the internet via bluetooth technology using his current mobile phone. However, I am told that the connection can be erratic and that it is difficult to download files due to this. I think there is another way of accessing the internet in these circumstances. Could he use the building's wi fi access if it is enabled? Any advice gratefully received.
Sally Brindley
KaSE Assessment Centre
(Kent and South East Assessments Ltd)
The Canterbury Psychological Clinic, 198 Wincheap, Canterbury CT1 3RY
The University Medical Centre, Giles Lane, Canterbury, CT2 7PB
The Trinity College of Music, King Charles Court, Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich SE10 9JF
www.kaseassessments.co.uk