From: Davies Clare [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 February 2005 14:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: footpath diversion & blind student

What precautions should we take when diverting a route that is daily basis by a blind student (long cane user)?  The diversion, because of building works, will be operational for the remainder of the academic year.  We We are willing to arrange guides, but it would restrict his independence to rely on this for the next five months, so want to make the route as easy as possible for the him to follow it independently.  Professional route training may not be an option on this occasion, because of issues outside our control.

Clare

Clare Davies

Senior Student Guidance Officer

Student Services

University College

Northampton NN2 7AL

"committed to students achieving their full potential"

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com