Dear Clara,
I have refered students for speech therapy sucessfully through the NHS, by sending them to their GP with a letter detailing the problems and asking for a referal. The local Speech Therapy dept were very helpful. These were British students, so I am not sure of the status of Americans under the NHS.

I also know of a Senior Speech Therapist who works in the NHS but also takes on some private clients, if there is anyway you could find funding. Let me know if you would like her details and I will contact her about it.

Regards Caroline Brown
DSA Assessor with Uni of Westminster CCPD