Personally I think that restricting the student to a school for Deaf
children would be against equal opportunities....the student should be
offered the choice. Perhaps this is dependant on the student's career path:
do they, for example, wish to eventually teach D/deaf or hearing children?

ATB

Claire

--On 07 July 2005 15:58 +0100 Jane Bousfield <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would suggest that the student does the teaching practice in a signing
> school where an interpreter would be unnecessary.
> Jane Bousfield
> Student Adviser (Disabilities)
> Learning Support
> APU
> East Road
> Cambridge
> CB1 1PT
> 01223 363271 extension 2434

----------------------
Claire Wickham,
Director: Centre for Access and Communication Studies
University of Bristol
Union Building
Queen's Road
Clifton