From: "Bryan Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: dsa equipment

DSA provides finance to help cover extra costs associated with a disabled
student undertaking an HE course.  If the expenditure would be required
regardless of their attending the course then DSA would not apply. One could
argue that the student would require an alerter whether they were a student
or not.  However, if the student was not on the course they would not be
living away from home in the rented student accommodation and would not
therefore require the additional expenditure.

Similar argument that diabetic student would use in order to get a fridge
bought for them through DSA.

Bryan Jones,
Manager, Disability Support Services
& North London Regional Access Centre,