From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Conroy, Gerard V
Sent: 26 April 2005 14:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: fit to study?

I know that if a student has interrupted their course on medical grounds then the academic responsible for the next year of entry of the student is supposed to satisfy himself that the student is over the difficulties that they had previously (this is nothing to do with disability support by the way).

One could argue that entry is an academic decision and anyone admitted is deemed fit to study. Perhaps you should tell the LEA in question just that and refer the LEA to the academic responsible for admitting the student if they are not satisfied. For your own purposes go about your business of support as for any other student.