May I speak out in support of i-Pods!

I have recommended these devices for several students, for use in lecture situations. I have not so far had any objections from LEAs. Student feedback suggests that, when used with an external microphone such as the ECM-Z60, the quality is very high. Their ease of use and large amount of storage space makes them a popular choice with student both wanting to record their own notes, and those recording in large lecture theatres.

Ellie

Nasser Siabi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am sorry I was not aware that Apple were offering up to 4 years of
warranty on iPods. To my best knowledge the maximum warranty available
from Apple for iPods was for 2 years and costs £57 which means it will
left a big gap in the warranty cover. Of course this gap maybe filled by
your Insurance package.

In relation to the issue on iRiver working with Macs, I think you maybe
right in saying that there is no interface to iTunes (I may be out of
date with this info) but I gather you could transfer the recorded "wav"
file and play it back on the machine which I thought was the main
requirement from recorders. Of course the iTune makes the process easier
but this is a matter of convenience rather than a major problem.

Naturally iPods offer some good benefits over the other options such as
personal organisor feature (rather limited in functionality) but this is
not considered by some as significant advantage over the DM20 and
Minidisc options

.

Best Wishes

Nasser Siabi

Managing Director

Microlink PC (UK) Ltd

Main: 02380240300

Direct:02380240316

Mobile:07870603127

addressed.
If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender
immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.
Also destroy and delete the message from your computer.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
Microlink.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. Microlink accepts no liability for any damage
Any modification of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited
unless expressly authorised by the sender.