I’m with David here, in the sense of trying to develop a fully inclusive teaching & learning system [eg “notes for all” not just for disabled students] as a way of improving the whole T&L thing.  I think one uni has established a no-penalisation of scripts for all students to avoid problems of differential marking.

Our exam board has tried to ignore issues of dyslexia on the grounds that all adjustments have been made during the T&L process, and by extra time, use of computers etc in the exams [whilst retaining the right to discretion on individual cases of course]

PS  my emails to Dis-Forum generate two automatic responses, one saying the message has been distributed, another saying it has been rejected.  Could I ask you, David, to reply to me to say it has been posted if indeed it is???

John.

Dr John S Conway

Principal Lecturer in Soil Science / Chair, Research Committee

Disability Officer

Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, Glos GL7 6JS

01285 652531 ext 2234  fax 01285 650219

http://www.rac.ac.uk/~john_conway/

[log in to unmask]">email [log in to unmask]