I used to use a pager fire alarm, but spent most of my time rescuing it
from the toilet. It constantly fell out of my pocket, or the clip unclipped
itself. It did work though.

I prefer a flashing light, but its complicated putting them in all the
places I may be working or occupying. It all depends how much movement is
made by the user i.e are they permanently in one office or do they have
meetings etc. in lots of rooms.

ember

--On 08 April 2005 10:26 +0100 Joan Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear Diana
> I am deaf and use a vibrating pager for a fire alarm alert. We had real
> alarm a last month and it worked successfully. The system was supplied by
> Dove Technology it is called Page Tek and costs around £650. The
> disavantage is that I like to keep it in a pocket ( I hate clip on belt
> pagers) and if I dont' have clothes with a pocket I forget to use it.
>
> Joan

Dr Ember Kelly
Communication & Support Services Co-ordinator
Access Unit for Deaf and Disabled Students
University of Bristol, 4th Floor, Union Building
Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LN
Tel: 0117 9545731 (minicom)
Mobile: 07717 360868 (SMS text only)  Fax: 0117 923 8546
E-mail: [log in to unmask]