We have been asked to make recommendations for the scope and methodology for
a study on the learner’s experiences of e-learning for the Pedagogy strand
of the JISC e-Learning Programme
(http://www.jisc.ac.uk/index.cfm?name=elearning_pedagogy). This research
study will investigate learners’ current experience of e-learning and their
needs and expectations for the future.

Our starting point is to look at recent studies, published and unpublished,
in the FE, ACL and HE sectors.  We are aware that there probably isn’t much
work that has been published, especially in FE and ACL.   We would be
interested in looking at anything you think we should include in the review.

If you have done a study, research or an evaluation of the e-learning
experience from the learner’s point of view which hasn’t been published, we
would be grateful if you would consider sharing it with us.  The learner’s
‘voice’ might be documented from interviews, evaluation sheets, or something
similar.

In return for your help, we would be pleased to send you a copy of the final
report which will also be published on the JISC e-Learning website.

We think this is a real opportunity to identify and document ;

(i)  how learners engage with and experience e-learning

 (ii) what differences there are amongst learners in how generally they
engage with and experience e-learning.

(iii) how e-learning impacts in general on the individual’s experience of
learning.

Please e-mail me off list if you have any questions about this request or if
you have research to share:  [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

Ellen Lessner
Dyslexia Support Tutor
ILT Development Coordinator