-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Becky Campbell
Sent: 01 April 2005 10:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Audio-recordings of coursework

Hello all,

I have a student with severe dyslexia, who is doing a Photography
course.
She is really struggling with the written side of the course, and has
asked
if she would be able to make audio recordings of essays, rather than
word-
processing them. The department have said no, as they feel it would be
difficult for them to mark.

I have discussed the possibility of her using Dragon, but am worried
that
she would have to proof-read very carefully - a task that she finds
difficult - and that she says 'um' and 'er' a lot, which would make it
difficult to use voice recognition software.

Does anyone have experience of students making audio recordings of
coursework?

Thank you,

Becky