Hi Emma

Just a quick reply to the question you posted to Disforum about DSA
applications.

The Higher Education Statistics Agency publish the latest (2002/03)
figures for “Full-time first degree students in receipt of Disabled
Students' Allowance (DSA) by subject and entry qualifications”. You can
find the figures in table B11 on the webpage:
http://www.hesa.ac.uk/pi/default.htm

HEFCE used to publish these figures (from HESA data) so you can find
information for pre-2002 on the HEFCE website (see:
http://www.hefce.ac.uk/learning/perfind/default.asp).

You may also be interested in the numbers of students studying at HE
institutions who disclose a disability. You can find these figures on the
National Disability Team website at:
http://www.natdisteam.ac.uk/resources_statistics_oncourse.html

Hope this is the information that you were looking for,

Best wishes

Sarah Holland

Sarah Holland

Researcher
National Disability Team
Bishop Hall Lane
Anglia Polytechnic University
Chelmsford
Essex
CM1 1SQ

Telephone: +44 (0)1245 607508
Internal extension: 4902
Fax: +44 (0)1245 607509
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.natdisteam.ac.uk

--------------------------
Dear all

1. Is there figures produced on the number of students in receipt of
DSA and how these are increasing nationally?  I remember seeing
something in a DSA Forum meeting and wondered if this was available on
the Internet?

2. I know we receive a number of requests from institutions and
organisations about staffing levels in disability support - and we're
often requested to feedback how many staff we have etc - is this
co-ordinated anywhere centrally?  Is there somewhere I can go to see
this information online?

Many thanks

Emma