Hi

No - nothing with a battery.  However, I have successfully recommended a
three-wheeled bicycle for a PhD student.  He had difficulties walking
from his office to his accommodation and taxi fares for the relatively
short journey were prohibitive by comparison.  The student has since
contacted the access centre to say how pleased he is with the freedom it
has provided.  He uses it between flat and campus, around campus and for
trips to the Uni library.  It was a fairly pricey piece of kit (£650 inc
VAT) - but I'm satisfied that the expense was fully justified.  As I
recall, I included it under 'equipment'  - but suspect that it might
also fit under 'travel' as a substitute for taxi fares.

BTW I did have one student who requested a car!  However, that's another
story.

Regards

Peter Hill
(CATER)