    NHS secondees
    2. Students who attend designated courses in these subjects but who do not receive a DH bursary are eligible for support in accordance with the conditions in the Regulations in the same way as any other applicant. The Department of Health has confirmed that health care students who are employed by NHS trusts and seconded onto health care courses are not eligible for NHS bursaries. These students continue to receive their salary and have their tuition fees paid by the NHS, but the payment of their fees falls outside the NHS bursary scheme. Such students, who receive assistance from the NHS only for their fees, are not excluded from the student support provisions and can therefore receive support for living costs and DSAs, subject to relevant means-testing and of course to their satisfying all the usual eligibility criteria. "

Gillian Malins
Disabilities Adviser
University of Luton
Park Square
Luton
LU1 3JU

>>> [log in to unmask] 25/02/2005 12:38:29 >>>

We have had great difficulty with a seconded NHS student obtaining support from her Lea. But there is a specific guidance note on this to Leas from Dfes and there is a guy you can ring at Dfes. Can’t find paper at present but will send hard copy to you Rachel when administrator is here on Monday and can run it to ground.Skill also provided support to us. Good luck. Liz