From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Morris, Simon
Sent: 12 December 2005 11:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reminder Slips for dyslexic thinkers

Hi All,

In our team meeting we  were discussing our Dyslexia reminder slips.  We give these to all our Dyslexic thinkers in order to remind the marker, of the students particular difficulties.  These would include, Organisation of thought, spelling, reading, hand Writing, Processing speed and so on.

Our system is due for review as it has been in place for some time.  Does anyone else use a similar system, or any other kind of system which has been proven to be more effective?  Or do you not feel it is important to remind markers, and expect them to check with information given to schools once the student has had a Needs Assessment?

I would welcome you comments.

Simon Morris

Disability Adviser

Disability Services Unit

01642 342279

You can get in touch with the disability team at any time, by e-mailing [log in to unmask] , calling the student centre on 01642 342277 or by faxing us on 01642 342289