  _____

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Hedley
Sent: 06 December 2005 16:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: retrospective marking

Dear all,

Disability Services at QUB have recently been approached by academic
staff regarding a policy on retrospective grading of coursework for
students with dyslexia.Disability Services have advised academic staff
that students will receive consideration for spelling and grammar from
the point in which they register with the service and declare their
dyslexia.  However, it appears that there has been an increase in the
number of students (newly diagnosed with dyslexia) asking  academic
staff to regrade their past coursework, based on their new diagnosis.
Has anyone heard of this ever happening and if so, how is it dealt with?

Thanks

Linda Maguire

Disability Services Coordinator

Queen's University Belfast