Help improve resources for web accessibility!
The University of York is conducting a survey of website developers and
owners to gather information about what kinds of support developers and
owners currently have and what they would like to have available in the
future.

The accessibility of websites is an increasingly important issue. The Formal
Investigation conducted by the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) in 2004
showed the poor state of accessibility of websites in the UK in both the
public and private sectors. More recent activities include the development
of a Good Practice Guide on website accessibility by the DRC and the British
Standards Institute (BSI) and a European Quality Mark for Accessible
websites. Yet web developers and website owners remain somewhat confused
about the issues surrounding web accessibility. The University of York is
conducting a survey of web developers and website owners to access levels of
interest and knowledge about accessibility and to gather information about
what kinds of support developers and
owners currently have and would like to have available in the future. This
survey has been designed by the team who conducted the DRC research (Helen
Petrie and her team, formerly at City University London). On the basis of
the results we will be making recommendations to the European Commission and
the W3C on what kinds of resources need to be developed for web developers
and website owners. So if you develop websites or