Hello,

When I was finishing my masters degree I used a really good referencing program called Endnote.  You type in the details of the book at any time and then you can insert a full reference to the book whenever you need to.  You do not need to remember any of the information about the book as it is stored for you.  You can even link the program to your university library database and can reference directly from there if that is easier.  I had lots of problems with referencing due to my eyesight codition which prevented me from reading the publishing information in books.  The program solved the problem for me and made referencing much easier.

Hope this Helps
Elanor Smith

Elanor Smith
Admin Assistant ILP
University of Derby, Buxton
Devonshire Royal Campus
1 Devonshire Rd
Buxton
SK17 6RY
01332 594441  ext 4441

>>> [log in to unmask] 23/11/2005 12:02 >>>
Hi everyone
I wonder if anyone is able to help me.  I give academic support to an
undergraduate student with Hydrocephalus who has great difficulties owing
to brain damage and short term memory loss.  He is very bright and
therefore gets very frustrated.  He manages to write essays but is not able
to remember to reference his work.  We have tried a number of strategies
which he forgets to use and I am wondering if anyone else has experience of
this problem and has any effective suggestions.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for accommodated assessment?
Many thanks

--
Sue Jackson
Senior Lecturer in Disability Support