"Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff."              <[log in to unmask]> on 24 November 2005 at 12:56 +0000 wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I was wondering how many institutions pay for students to be assessed by an educational psychologist? Where does the funding come from to pay for this? Do you believe that it is  the institutions' or the students responsibility to pay for the
>assessment?
>I know this subject has probably been covered before, but I need some indication as to what other institutions are currently doing.
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Karen Hedley
>Disability Officer
>Disability Services
>Lanyon North
>Queen's University Belfast
>BT7 1NN
>
>02890 973225

As a HEI we pay for our students assessments through The Access to Learning Fund.  We also allocate an amount of money in our annual department budget  for those not eligible to apply to the ALF such as EU students.

Sarah Matthews
Student Welfare Advisor
BSO
275 Borough High Street
London
SE1 1JE
0207- 089-5335

This message has been scanned and cleaned of viruses by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP.