Hi Marion,

As a LaTeX user, I'm not sure if that question makes
sense. LaTeX is like a compiler; you write the source code
in any text editor of your choice, then you run LaTeX from
the command-line and it produces PDF, DVI or PostScript
output which you then view with a viewer of your choice. Of
course there may be issues with the editors and viewers, but
the only part that LaTeX itself plays is the command-line
tool. So I don't understand what that has to do with Jaws
which is a Windows screen reader. It's possible that the
report on incompatibility arose from somebody
misunderstanding what LaTeX is (perhaps thinking "I can't
get it to work, therefore there must be a compatibility
problem" when in fact the real reason why they couldn't get
it to work was because they didn't know that it's supposed
to be a command-line tool).

Silas

--
Silas S. Brown, Cambridge Univ. Computer Lab, http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ssb22

"Let us work what is good toward all" - Galatians 6:10