Hi

I confess that I can't advise. However, this is an issue that can and
does affect non-disabled students too.  A lecturer, by definition,
really should be capable of effective verbal communication.  Some might
argue that a refusal to employ lecturers who are unable to carry out
their duties effectively (as a result of a strong foreign accent) is
discriminatory.  However, paying customers (whether disabled or not)
have a right to an adequate service.  My assumption is that, if the
lecturer had a speech impairment, then the Uni would be obliged, under
the DDA, to provide support.

Regards

Peter Hill

--