Hi folks,

I sent the following (para below) to a number of local LEA DSA officers with
very limited success. (2 LEAs got back to me: One said 'We will process a
DSA1 without a PTG1' but another LEA said 'We have had to send all our
application forms back for the colleges to wait until students have either
done 2 weeks (new) or at least enrolled and look like taking up their place
(continuing students)).' From my experience with LEAs this year it seems to
be more of the latter. Anyone had similar problems?

'I'm just checking about PTG1 forms. Does the DSA1 PT application always
need to have a PTG1 form completed to enable things to go ahead? The
problem is that the college cannot stamp it until the student has
actually started so in effect this reverses all the proactive measures
(ie Needs Assessment in advance of enrolment) that have been made over
recent years to ensure disabled students aren't disadvantaged right from
the start. Can anyone clarify this?'

Thanks

Rob