Message
I have found a lot of advice about how to provide funding for international
students, which reccomends 'top skimming' international student's fees
(including a factsheet from UKCOSA and Skill).
I presume that this means taking a little bit off the top of the fees that
all international students pay in order to create a fund for international
students with disabilities.
Does anyone do this at their institution? Does it work? how did you set it
up? Who was involved? How did the international department or whoever
normally gets all that money feel about it?
If you do have this system in place, it would be really useful if you could
give be a vague idea of numbers (how many students/international
students/international students with disabilities, and of course, how much
money??)
Any info would of course be greatly appreciated!
Rosie

Rosie Ernst Trustram
Learning Support Unit
Caxton House