Just a quick question for anyone who is not on holiday.  We have new
student halls being built with an accessible toilet on the ground floor
for any visitors/students etc who may be visiting the hall but not
living in as all the rooms/floors will be accessible.  Estates want to
keep the door locked  with a RADAR key as they feel being the only
public toilet it will be abused.  3 of the toilets also house a bath as
we wanted to keep a bath available for any student with a need to  soak
in the bath.  The worries are this room will be used for washing rugby
boots/housing bikes/ drunk students to be sick in as they come through
the entrance door etc etc
I can see the point in keeping it locked and not abused but cannot see
visitors having RADAR keys or are they more widely used than i thought
and if we used our own Hope keys how would visitors know where to get
one from for their visitors to use the toilet.  Is it better to have an
accessible toilet used by everyone and for everything but always open or
one that is locked.
Would like comments please as off on leave for 3 weeks at lunch time
and cannot make a decision with Estates and builders are ready and
waiting with RADAR locks.
To lock or not to lock..................
Thanks
Sheila

Sheila Watts
Head of Support Service for students with disabilities
Liverpool Hope University College
Hope Park
Liverpool
L16 9JD
Tel/Minicom  0151-291-3064
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Liverpool Hope University College accepts no responsibility for this
e-mail, its contents and any loss or damage arising in any way from the
receipt or use of this e-mail and its attachments.