APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

Dear Colleague,

The PEdDS (Professional Education and Disability Support) Project is pleased
to announce the publication of the 'PEdDS Best Practice Guide : disabled
social work students and placements'. The PEdDS Project was a two year
HEFCE-funded project exploring the barriers and opportunities for disabled
social work students on placements. This guidance builds upon a recent
research study with key stakeholders in supporting disabled students in
social work education outlined in the full report, 'The PEdDS Project :
disabled social work students and placements'. Both documents can be
donwloaded from www.hull.ac.uk/pedds - there are also a limited number of
hard copies available and we ask that people wanting a hard copy kindly
complete the order form on the website (details of where to send are on this
form)

The guidance is composed of four sections directed at key groups :

*	Students
*	Practice assessors/teachers
*	Academic staff/departments including placement coordinators
*	Disability support staffI

The guide was written and designed in order that it can be easily
photocopied and distributed as required.

We hope you find the Best Practice Guide informative and useful. We will be
conducting a stakeholder evaluation shortly.

 Yours sincerely,

 Benedict Fell on behalf of the PEdDS Project Team, The University of Hull