Dear all,

I'm sending this on behalf of our Health and Safety Advisor - Pete Curran.

While evaluating our fire evacuation procedures for our disabled users
(particularly wheelchair users), it has been recommended that we consider
the use of members of staff acting as fire wardens in our libraries to
check each floor to ascertain if there are any users still in the building.
There has however been some concern that members of staff may put
themselves at risk.
Could you please let us know what other institutions are doing with regards
to fire wardens and evacuation procedures.

Could you please email Pete off list directly with any responses:

Many thanks

Lisa
Lisa Gault
IT Disability Coordinator