From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan Jones
Sent: 14 April 2005 16:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: i-pods

As Bernard says, the quality of the recordings using a mic is poor.  Not as good a digital voice recorder, anyway. If you want to avoid fiddling around with discs and have decent recordings the Olympus DM20 is your gadget, with Sony Z60 external mic.  And let's keep the LEAs happy by not recommending iPods for lectures a little while yet.

Bryan Jones,
Manager, Disability Support Services
& North London Regional Access Centre,
Middlesex University