Hi Brigid

We are clear at University of the Arts London that accommodated assessment for students with disabilities is a totally separate system from that of extenuating circumstances.  We also have the no extensions policy but all arrangements for disabled students lie outside this policy.

Best wishes

Margo

"Callaghan, Brigid S" wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

Currently, at Essex all depts operate different systems regarding granting extensions and penalty marks for late submission of work. This being the case, students have voted for a zero tolerance policy for next year  - that no extensions at all should be given and students who do not meet the deadlines have to fill in extenuating circumstances forms and their case will be considered at the end of the year.

What are your views on this? I am interested in how this will be compatible with our duty to make reasonable adjustments for students who are unable to meet set deadlines due to the nature of their conditions/disability.

Brigid Callaghan
Senior Disability Adviser
Student Support
University of Essex