----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Crossey" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:06 PM
Subject: Public Hearing on Access to Technology

I would like to inform you of the Public Hearing on Access to Technology
being held by the RNID on the 12 of December at 9.30 am. We are looking to
gather requirements of industry individuals, charities, and government for
how people should have access to technology and how accessible technology
is. Towards this end you will be receiving an invitation from the Disabled
Living foundation over the next few days. To help us publicise this event
would you be able to raise awareness of this hearing internally and be able
to put some information on you web site for the public. Everyone with an
interest in the area is welcome as long as they inform me of their
attendance before hand. I hope your organisation is able to attend and
publish this important event and if you have any further questions please
contact me.

The RNID has published the event at
http://www.rnid.org.uk/mediacentre/news/2005/your_say_on_access_technology.htm

and the information we are keen to get published is below:

Have your say on Access to Technology

We are happy to inform you that there will be a public hearing being held by
RNID, Disabled Living Foundation and Scientific Generics, on behalf of the
Alliance for Digital Inclusion. The public inquiry is on the use of
information and communication technology by disabled people. We are
particularly looking at how technology (and lack of access to) can be
responsible for barriers to participation as well as create opportunities
for inclusion.

We are seeking input from as many people and organisations as possible. The
findings of this hearing will be used to create a charter, due to be
presented to government and industry. This charter will set out a strategy
for inclusion and will provide recommendations for action to all
stakeholders. The ultimate goal is to lower barriers and achieve greater
participation of disabled people as fully-enabled citizens in our modern
society.

The public inquiry is being held on the 12th of December from 9.30am to
11.30am in central London. All members of the public, charity sector,
industry or government are welcome and communication support will be
provided.

If you would like to attend please contact

Luke Crossey

New Technology
Voice: 0207 296 8016
Text: 0207 608 0511
Email: [log in to unmask]

Regards,

Luke Crossey
RNID

Tel: 0207 296 8016
Text: 0207 608 0511

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before
opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended
solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and
you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email
and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No.
454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)