From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ian Litterick
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dragon naturally speaking

I recently discovered that an LEA was quoting (horribly out of context) a talk of mine at BETT 2003 to justify never funding Speech Recognition for their children. The person who complained to me was able to get a detailed rationale from the LEA for this -- quoting me as if verbatim. So I was able to update, comment and put the remarks in context such that they could not be used in such a blanket negative way.

So it may be worth asking the LEA to justify in detail on what grounds they have come to this decision, and to take it from there.

Regards
Ian Litterick
http://www.iansyst.co.uk
http://www.dyslexic.com