Thanks to those people who have volunteered to take part in the ARC
standardisation.  However, I am still short of participants.  A number of
people have contacted me for information about purchasing the test.  The
ARC test has not yet been published and it will not be until it has been
properly standardised.  I'm sure as test users you understand the
importance of standardisation.  Without institutions willing to take part
in this research a full standardisation is impossible.

I have copied below further information about the standardisation.  If you
are able to help then please contact me as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Jo.

I am conducting a national standardisation of the Advanced Reading
Comprehension Test (ARC Test), developed at the University of Hull, during
the Autumn of 2005. This test will be on the list of approved tests
specified by the new DfES guidelines on assessment of dyslexia in HE, and
can be used by psychologists and accredited assessors at HE level for DSA
purposes.

I am looking for 27 institutions to test 100 students from either an Arts,
Science or Social Science background.  Students must be unselected (i.e.
all students within a particular department or taking a particular course).

  The ARC test comprises two 1,250 word passages, each with 20
comprehension questions.  Participants would be required to complete both
parts of the test, which have a time limit of 20 minutes each. Testing can
be carried out in groups of any size.

Test materials will be sent out in September / October and completed tests
must be returned, using Freepost, by the end of November.  Marking will be
carried out at the University of Hull and overall results for each
institution will be returned to that institution.

Participants will remain anonymous, although each test booklet will be
individually coded so participating students can obtain their own results
if they wish. Institutions taking part will receive a free copy of the
published test.

If you would like to take part in the standardisation to receive a free
copy of the test, and you have access to a helpful department, then please
email me with the following information:
    * Your name
    * Institution
    * Category of Institution (Pre-1992 Univeristy / Post-1992 University /
HE College / FE College)
    * Contact details (full postal address, phone, fax)
    * Department willing to take part
    * Number of students in each year group of the participating department
Dr Jo Horne
Department of Psychology
University of Hull
Hull