We managed to evaluate iListen a few months ago and were frankly
disappointed. It is not well supported in the UK and we would be
surprised if anything had changed fundamentally since. My Mac Colleague
Geoff Best writes:

I have previously spent approx 4 hours with iListen trying to get it to
work.

Its recognition rates were about 60% to 70%.

The developers take an AGE to get back to you - it took us 18 months to
get
an initial evaluation copy.

It has basic functions with most applications. If you want a total
command
set for say Office then you need to purchase an add-on pack.

The learning system is fairly rubbish.

ViaVoice is the only solution we can recommend. With 512Mb of ram with
the
latest Mac OS it provides approx 90% to 95% accuracy but it really is
useless when trying to make changes or alterations. ViaVoice does not
allow
you to import ANY audio file formats.

If Speech recognition is a must and is required to be used most of the
time
then a PC with Dragon is really the only solution.

For simple dictation without the need to have total control over your
Mac
then ViaVoice is ok.

But iListen is not something I could recommend at all.

Geoff Best
Apple Macintosh Manager
ACDT/PT

Regards
Ian Litterick
http://www.dyslexic.com
http://www.iansyst.co.uk

Is
> the
> PC still the best platform for people who need (not want) to use voice
> recognition as a way of controlling and dictating to the computer?
>
> Ian Francis

              ---------------------------Disclaimer---------------------------Sign up for support and information in our occasional newsletter on
"Technology and Dyslexia" at http://www.dyslexic.com/newsl.phpThis email is confidential to the intended recipient(s), unless obviously
more public. If you received it in error please tell the sender and thendeleteit. We check outgoing emails but you should virus check incoming
ones. Emails may not represent our official policy or a contract.
Errors and omissions are excepted. iANSYST LtdiANSYST Ltd, Fen House, Fen Road, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 1UN.
Tel +44(0)1223 42 01 01; Fax +44(0)1223 42 66 44; [log in to unmask]://www.dyslexic.comhttp://www.iansyst.co.uk http://www.itspc.co.uk