Dear All,

Too busy to induct potential note-takers during the term? We've created the short course for you!

We are pleased to announce the development of a new short course on note-taking, called Note-taking Essentials.

The course aims to be a short introduction for potential note-takers, who may have missed a full course, who wish to go on a full course or who you want to assess for suitability for note-taking. The course is delivered as a number of stand-alone presentations with audio which will play on a computer (full transcriptions are provided). There are no specific software requirements to run the presentations, although speakers or a headset are needed to listen to the presentations.

Developed from our long experience of training and working with note-takers, the Note-taking Essentials course covers the basics - what note-taking for deaf people is, it's aims, how to do it, tips, tricks and professionalism. It should not be used instead of a full deaf awareness and note-taking course, but can be used as a quick introduction during the term. A second presentation covers issues on note-taking for non-deaf students and includes information on taking notes for visually impaired, dyslexic and mobility impaired students.

An assessment presentation is also available. This presentation is paced and delivered in a natural way, as it would be delivered in class. It can be used to assess potential note-takers in advance of, or as the live session on a of a full note-taking course.

For more information please see http://www.directlearn.co.uk/ashop/catalogue.php?exp=&cat=5

Best wishes,

Judith

Judith Mole
Direct Learn Services Ltd.
http://www.online-conference.net : online conferencing
http://www.directlearn.co.uk/ : general information
Tel. +34 972294202; Mobile/SMS: 07808 921402