Apologies for cross-posting

Dear colleagues

As part of our initial thinking on digital preservation, it has been suggested that we consider asking a consultant to carry out a feasibility study on digital preservation within our local authority environment. We would like to establish exactly what would be involved, including costs, in either an in-house or out-sourced approach, to help guide our policy-making and future activity in this area.
(We are not just talking about ERMS; we are talking about the long term preservation of electronic archives from a variety of sources.)

One possibility might be to join together with other local bodies, in a joint or regional project.

Therefore we have two main queries:
1) Can anyone recommend an experienced consultant, whom they have used for this kind of study before? (We are already aware the National Archives, JISC and NDAD have expertise.)
2) Has any other organisation considered a joint project?

Thank you in anticipation,

Claire Skinner, Senior Records Manager,
Hampshire Record Office
Sussex Street, Winchester, Hants. SO23 8TH
01962 846154 E-mail: [log in to unmask]