-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hodgetts, Jonathan
Sent: 12 July 2005 11:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Handling a SAR outside the Act

My company has received our first ever formal subject access request
under the Data Protection Act (aren't we lucky!).  We are a membership
organisation, and the SAR is from one of our members.  I want to handle
this myself fully in line with the Act, but one of our directors wishes
me to hand this over to our Member Relations department, to contact the
member to find out the reason for the SAR and handle outside the Act.

I am rather uneasy with this approach and would be grateful for views
from those on this discussion group more familiar with the handling of
SARs.

Thank you.

Jonathan Hodgetts
MCPS-PRS Alliance

This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and may be
privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Unless you
are the intended recipient, you should not copy this e-mail for any
purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.
The MCPS-PRS Alliance is not responsible for the completeness or
accuracy of this communication as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Whilst the MCPS-PRS Alliance monitors all communications for
potential viruses, we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage
caused by this e-mail and the information it contains. It is the
recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachments for
viruses. Any
e-mails sent to and from the MCPS-PRS Alliance servers may be monitored
for quality control and other purposes.

The MCPS-PRS Alliance Limited is a limited company registered in England
under company number 03444246 whose registered office is at c/o 29-33
Berners Street, London, W1T 3AB.

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list
owner

The information in this email is solely for the intended recipients. If
you are not an intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, or
distribute its contents or use them in any way: please advise the
sender immediately and delete this email.

Perth & Kinross Council does not warrant that this email or any
attachments are virus-free and does not accept any liability for any
loss or damage resulting from any virus infection. Perth & Kinross
Council may monitor or examine any emails received by its email system.

The information contained in this email may not be the views of Perth &
Kinross Council. It is possible for email to be falsified and the
sender cannot be held responsible for the integrity of the information
contained in it.

Requests to Perth & Kinross Council under the Freedom of Information
(Scotland) Act should be directed to the Freedom of Information Team -
email: [log in to unmask]