Hi all,

As a Council we are starting to receive FOISA requests for access to
information held on our Council Tax system. I stuck my oar in when I
discovered this as the information was going to be disclosed. I am
strongly of the opinion that the legal counsel advice to the Information
Commissioner on the use of Council Tax information applies to the
disclosure under FoI legislation. That is, the Local Government Finance
Act and secondary legislation applies and it will need additional
legislation before it can be disclosed under FOI.

Is this a valid interpretation, or am I totally off base?

Allan Yuill
Corporate Resources (IT)
Council Offices, 2 The Cross
Kilmarnock KA1 1LR
Phone: +(44)1563 57 6836
Fax:     +(44)1563 57 6825
Mailto:[log in to unmask]

This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by East Ayrshire Council.
See our Terms & Conditions as published at http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk.

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner