Personally I don't think discussion forums are the places to be selling your services, but that's just me. I'm sure others may be delighted to find out about potential learning oppportunities regardless of who they would be paying for them. I guess you also have the added bonus of having seen the level of the individual's knowledge on the forum!

	-----Original Message-----
	From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues on behalf of Simon Howarth (WSL)
	Sent: Wed 25/05/2005 10:50
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: [data-protection] Advertising on the Forum

	There are a number of adverts appearing on the lists at the moment and I
	wonder if there are guidelines or etiquette to follow?

	I have avoided overtly offering paid services on the forum as I see it as a
	valuable sharing resource for information and I do not wish to "over step
	the mark".

	I am not criticising those that have advertised, but would be interested to
	know the views of people - i.e. will I offend anyone if I do similar and
	indeed, am I allowed to do similar as the director of a company offering
	related services to public and private organisations?

	Thanks

	Simon Howarth.

	            All user commands can be found at : -
	Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner