Kirsty E Gray wrote:
Point 4 is the one that really worries me - until clarified by ICO had
assumed that the cost ceiling applied to ALL unstructured data so that we
wouldn’t have to respond to SAR where locating / retrieving  / extracting
manual data likely to take more than 18 hours.

One of the things I find frustrating about the Durant ruling is the
difference it brought about between public and private sectors. For
instance, Social Services data (being an accessible public record) is
totally unaffected by Durant. Last year we had a case which cost us well in
excess of £450 to service - in terms of photocopying alone. In future my
stance would be to apply S8(2)(a) and to invite the data subject to a
meeting/series of meetings to view the files rather than supply the
information permanent form.

Regards,
Graham