[log in to unmask] writes:

> I agree that the dissident in question needs protection.  However, I might
> point out that if the regime in question wants to find their man or woman,
> they will not do it solely through an internet search.

-------
I didn't suggest it would be the only method, I suggeseted it would make it
easier.

In terms of the other examples you gave, there are just as many in respect of
people being found using Internet sources.  If the electoral register had
been put on the Internet as some people wanted it to, in a searchable format,
many problems would have resulted.  Many people would have complained.  Maybe the
answer to this one is for someone to object to their details being published
worldwide when they submit a planning application.  If the request is ignored,
take the council to court.  HRA, DPA and ultra vires lines would be
available, in my opinion.

Ian B

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information given above does not replace or negate the need
for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is essential that you do not
rely upon any advice given without contacting your solicitor.  If you need
further explanation of any points raised please contact Keep I.T. Legal Ltd at
the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP
(Reg 3822335)
Tel: 01246 473999
Fax: 01246 470742
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.keepitlegal.co.uk

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner