I would be grateful for any advice anyone can offer on the following 3
scenarios.

If a complaint is received from a parent / guardian or partner on
behalf of a student - would we seek the authorisation of the student
before we divulged any information?  For example, if a parent came in to
complain that their son had withdrawn from the course because they felt
that they were being poorly taught - but the truth was that the son has
hardly attended the class and was badly behaved when he did.  Would we
enter into discussion?

If a parent / guardian / partner contacted the college asking for a
refund of fees would we seek the authorisation of the student before we
divulged any information?  For example, if a parent came in to ask for a
refund of fees because the son was no longer attending class - the truth
being that the son had only attended class twice.  Would we enter into
discussion.

If a parent / guardian / partner contacted the college asking whether a
student was enrolled.  If the student was not enrolled at college -
could we confirm this?

Many Thanks

Helen Bartram
Student Records Manager
Hull College
Queen's Gardens
HULL
HU1 3DG

Tel: 01482 598977
Fax 01482  598867
Internal Ext 2977
Email [log in to unmask]

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may  contain confidential or sensitive
information.  The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner