From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
Sent: 18 March 2005 18:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] notify

[log in to unmask] writes:

> Most times the UKIC says "Well, you have started to behave, so we'll
> forgive you".  They forgave Cahoot, after all.  This time they issue a
> swingeing fine.  And the daft thing?  The Notification per se is all
> so many firms do in order to comply.  But in their business dealings
> they drive a coach and horses through the law.
------

Not that odd, really, non-registration is much easier to prove.  Trying to
prove the other offences involves a fair amount of work and the likelihood
of a successful prosecution must be high in order to get anywhere near a
court.

Ian B

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information given above does not replace or negate the need
for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is essential that you do
not rely upon any advice given without contacting your solicitor.  If you
need further explanation of any points raised please contact Keep I.T. Legal
Ltd at the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP
(Reg 3822335)
Tel: 01246 473999
Fax: 01246 470742
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.keepitlegal.co.uk

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner